Pool Math on Desktop (Apple)

Fran7317

Jul 19, 2020
Moyock, NC
Hi -- New member here. We are having out pool installed tomorrow, hopefully! We're finally graduating from the Intex pools (we've had a few over the years) to an above-ground 24' round, ~13,500 gal. My question is about the pool math app -- is there a desktop version for Apple? I can't seem to find anything that works.

Also -- if anyone has opinions specifically on using trichlor tabs in a feeder plus liquid chlorine -- is that overkill? Is there ANY benefit to using the pucks in the long term? I am tempted to take the inline chlorinator back, get a floater until my CYA comes up, and then switch to just liquid -- but wanted some expert advice : )

Thanks!

Hi -- New member here. We are having out pool installed tomorrow, hopefully! We're finally graduating from the Intex pools (we've had a few over the years) to an above-ground 24' round, ~13,500 gal. My question is about the pool math app -- is there a desktop version for Apple? I can't seem to find anything that works.

Thanks!

I use this link in Safari.

Trichlor will take too long to raise the CYA by itself. Your pool holds almost as much water as mine -- fill in my spa and it will be about even -- so it's no temporary kiddie pool and needs to be maintained as a grownup pool. It will take about ten pounds of trichlor to raise CYA to an acceptable level. Do you have time to wait for twenty pucks to dissolve? That'll take a month at least! Until the CYA level builds, any chlorine released will get destroyed within an hour by the sun. Who needs an algae bloom right away? And if you're going to supplement with liquid, why waste it? Get the CYA level up fast and save on bleach.

Trichlor is also highly acidic, so it will be driving pH and TA down that whole time. Maybe your fill water needs it, maybe not. If it doesn't, you'll be messing around with baking soda trying top keep things balanced. Who needs the grief? Pucks in a floater are great for vacations and when you need to replenish CYA lost to normal breakdown and splashout. For raising CYA initially, no. For daily chlorination, no.

Reactions: HermanTX
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.