Pool liner protection?

jayruh

Aug 2, 2018
Holmen/WI
I'm getting close to installing my liner in my new in-ground pool. The steel walls are covered with 1/8 foam. I'm curious if i should do the floor with it also? The floor is a portland cement/sand mix. My thought was it would help prevent abrasion and maybe help the life of the liner. Anyone have any thoughts or ideas on this? Thanks in advance!

My pool has foam padding under the liner on the walls and floor. PB includes that in most of his liner builds. Its 1/8" that compresses to about 1/16 with the weight of the water. It certainly gives a luxury feel on your feet. I was concerned that the padding would cause lasting footprint impressions, etc, but that's not the case at all.
Our previous pool (came with the house, about 10 years old altogether) had wall padding, and had no issues. In fact when that pool was demoed, the padding looked as new as the day it went in.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lagerman64
I wonder why it wasn't offered as an option for my pool? Although if I ever change the liner again, I won't be using the same installer, he was in such a hurry to get out of here, he pull the vacuum too soon, and I have a minor wrinkle down the length of one side. All he had to was wait on second water load, heck I had beer, it wouldn't have been a bad wait. :cautious: They never stopped back for a follow up, to ensure all was good, and I'm still waiting for an invoice. After 2 weeks, I did an online warranty registration for my liner, because there was a 30 day window to do so, I wanted invoice to make sure installer address was correct.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.