Our pool has a light in the deep end. Around Easter I saw a story on the news where a man was electrocuted in his pool due to the light. So, this got me to worrying about mine. It does not work. I am not sure if the bulb is just shot or if it is for some other reason. The previous owner is not a help at all. The seal around the light is deterioted. So question #1 is can the deterioated seal pose an electrocution risk? Question #2 He told me the breaker he thought controlled the light but there is no way to be sure he's right since the light isn't working. How can I check to see if the line is hot to the light? I could care less about the light. I just want it un done for safety reasons.