Pool is open, now what do I do???

You need to get that SWG on a flow switch...RIGHT NOW. You are right, a build up of chlorine gas can kill.
It has a flow meter so it stops producing chlorine if there is not enough flow, but it doesn't turn off completely. From what I've read on here that can be dangerous because if the flow meter were to fail it could explode?

Or by flow switch do you mean something else?

It has a flow meter so it stops producing chlorine if there is not enough flow, but it doesn't turn off completely. From what I've read on here that can be dangerous because if the flow meter were to fail it could explode?

Or by flow switch do you mean something else?
A flow switch turns something off when the water doesn't flow. It's mechanical and basically indestructible, unlike electronics. There should be a connection for it on your SWG controller.

The IC40 has a built in flow switch so no worry there but you need to have a power cut off such as a timer which will turn on after the time the pump is set to run and the same timer would shut it off say half hour before the pump shuts off this way there's never a chance the SWCG will be powered without the pump.

The IC40 has a built in flow switch so no worry there but you need to have a power cut off such as a timer which will turn on after the time the pump is set to run and the same timer would shut it off say half hour before the pump shuts off this way there's never a chance the SWCG will be powered without the pump.
Maybe my system is setup this way and I just didn't know because the PB had set the pump to run 24/7 thus always having the SWG on as well. If I go manually turn the pump off will the all the lights go out on my IC40 (provided the IC40 is programed to shut off when the pump shuts off)?

Sorry guys, false alarm! I have confirmed that my SWG goes dark when the pump turns off. I thought the PB had set me up on a 12 hour schedule and I had never seen the lights go off. But they must have had it on 24.

My chlorine is still high, 9.5 — probably because it’s been cold and the cover has been on all the time. I don’t think I’m getting much chlorine loss at all. I dialed the SWG down to 5% and I will try to open the pool more but our weather isn’t cooperating.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.