Pool flooded after storm after opening - greenish/cloudy

Jun 1, 2018
Freehold, NJ
Pool details in signature. There was a massive storm in NJ and my new IG pool overflowed from poor drainage in my yard (getting that fixed soon). Pool went deep green and cloudy so I couldn't see the 3' bottom. My salt levels were too low, I just got it to 3100ppm yesterday and I turboshocked the pool right after the storm last week (after I drained out water to proper skimmer levels).

Most of the deep green is gone and the cloudy water is now clear enough to see the 6' bottom of the pool, not as clear as before the storm.

Test strip results:
FC - 0
TC - 2
pH - 7.6
CH - <100

Recommendations on how to get the pool cleared up further? I'm still working on clearing the debris from the bottom, once cleared out I was going to clean out the filter cartridges, skimmers, pumps so that the pressure flow is better.

After storm:
IMG_20180527_075324.jpg

Now:
IMG_20180530_092528.jpg

Wow, that's an awesome looking pool area! Welcome to the forum!

Your best bet is to get some liquid chlorine and start what we call a SLAM Process. But you'll also need good test results to get through the SLAM since test strips can't accurately measure anything. We recommend the TF-100 from TFTestKits.net or the Taylor K-2006C which can be had from TFTestKits or Amazon. In the mean time, keep sweeping and vacuuming any debris and adding a couple of gallons of liquid chlorine a day until you can get a test kit and get some accurate numbers.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.