kevinz92702

Jul 11, 2021
Sedalia, Missouri
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi everyone, as I type this there are currently two big vacuums running and my pool is refilling after installing a new liner after nearly 20 years. But I digress, the excitement is just killing me.

Anyway, last year I changed the who knows how old filter sand for fresh stuff so I knew what I was working with. I used some stuff that was specifically labeled pool filter sand from menards. I had a lot of sand making its way through the returns into the pool. When I changed it I inspected the laterals and filter internals and did not find anything broken.

A quick search here at the time led to some older posts talking about how some filter sand, even labeled as such, is not the correct size granules. I can get the HTH brand local and eas wondering what people think of it. The other media I have been looking at is the ruby red media.

Would appreciate any and all suggestions. Thank you

Did you backwash the sand until clear, rinse to 'settle' it, before starting to filter to pool?
^^This

The rinse to settle is important. When you settle the sand, any small particle will blow through to waste.

I had a lot of sand making its way through the returns into the pool.
Once? or all summer?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.