Pool filter sand Hayward S244T

Hello guys. I am getting ready to open pool in few weeks.
1. I opened the filter and saw that i had debris in there (I have backwashed prior to closing). Is something wrong with filter and its not backwashing properly or am I supposed to see some stuff in there other than sand?
2. Should there be a mark somewhere that shows fill line? To me, it seems level of sand is low.

Picture is attached.

Thank you for your help

Attachments

• 20200429_152210.png
    20200429_152210.png
    604.1 KB · Views: 21
It's not uncommon to see a layer of debris on the top of the sand. Take a look at the page for some tips while you have that thing open. As for the sand height, it's generally about 2/3 - 3/4 full and maybe about 1 inch or so below the top of the standpipe.

It's not uncommon to see a layer of debris on the top of the sand. Take a look at the page for some tips while you have that thing open. As for the sand height, it's generally about 2/3 - 3/4 full and maybe about 1 inch or so below the top of the standpipe.

Is sand height calculated with water or without water in the filter? Right now there is no water and standpipe is exposed about 12 inch.
Thank you

Even though we generally like to add a little water to the filter first to protect the laterals, it's considered the proper height when empty. That should leave you enough clearance above the sand once it's full of water to function properly.

Reactions: Dmitrynt
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.