Pool deck control joints

Dec 10, 2016
Austin, TX
All,

I am considering pour in place decking/coping. My last pool had that, but did not use the foam forms. It turned out not that great.

This time, I plan to use Stegmeier forms.

On my last pool, the deck joints were sawed in after the pour. There was some minor cracking, but nothing too bad.

This time, I am thinking of doing a salt finish concrete deck, that will be scored in a 24"x24" diamond pattern.

Do you all think I can get by with only scoring the concrete?

I remember older pools always had those plastic joints all over the place.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you putting mesh or rebar in?

If you score in some lines that should work. I haven't seen your project and don't know all the details but in general that's not a bad plan.

Just realize many of the scored lines will shortly become full cracks. And in Texas you need ta allow ffor the deck to expand horizontally on those hot summer days

Are you putting mesh or rebar in?

If you score in some lines that should work. I haven't seen your project and don't know all the details but in general that's not a bad plan.

Just realize many of the scored lines will shortly become full cracks. And in Texas you need ta allow ffor the deck to expand horizontally on those hot summer days

Probably rebar. The deck will be 12"-20" above grade. About 2,000 sq-ft under patio roof. About 1,000 sq-ft around pool. Areas separated by a channel drain. All poured at once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.