Pool covers

Cwmartino33

May 10, 2023
Brooklyn, CT
This is my first summer having a pool and i was wondering if I need to cover it when im not using it. I dont want the temperature to get too high. Also I have kids and pets and the whole cover idea freaks me out a little. Just wondering if it bad to leave it uncovered or if there is a product I could add to it if need be.

Check amazon for solar covers but one bit of advice, if the pool is not fenced in the solar cover is a very dangerous idea and is NOT RECOMMENDED. Should someone fall ontop of the floating cover they can get swallowed up with a very sad ending. Again DON'T DO IT If there's no other means for child safety.

Reactions: Newdude
+1. My dog used it as a shortcut within 2 mins of using it the first time. He was all burrito'd up before I processed what happened. Luckily he was trapped with his head above water because it took too long to get the heavy Dog / 200 gallon water cocoon to the side of the pool. It would not have ended well had he been stuck upside down.

+2. I would never, ever use any kind of cover except a properly installed safety cover with pets and especially small children. It only takes a blink of an eye.

You can leave the pool uncovered. It will be fine that way.

Since you have children and pets, have you considered a safety fence around the pool? They install easily and while certainly NOT foolproof, they are a good idea for your situation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.