NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
I know this seems like a silly question but figured I would ask as I can’t seem to see it answered directly anywhere. When taking off your pool safety cover do you remove the springs from the straps and then put them back on in the fall? Seems like they would add a lot of weight and bulk to the cover when folding it so I think the answer is yes but thought I’d see what others do. When I try to find the answer everything just talks about folding the cover and doesn’t mention about removing these or not. First pool and first opening this year.

No silly questions!
I don't remove the springs, I just leave them attached and fold up the cover as best as possible, trying to get the springs on the inside. 🤷‍♀️ Maybe you're supposed to?

Reactions: Mco
I leave the springs on the cover. The straps are adjusted as I like them. Removing the springs may require me to do all the adjustments to the straps over again when I go to reinstall.

I’ll give it a go with the spring left on. Definitely seems like a pain to take them all off then put them back on in the fall so if not too bulky I guess it’ll be fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.