Jun 4, 2020
NYC
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Some questions about the anchors...

Where can I buy a good anchor key? I've looked online and found two versions. 1. An 8 inch t handle 2. a 15" loop loc "L" key. I'd like to get the t handle but bigger to save some bending over. Is there such a thing?

I bought replacement anchors and am considering installing myself. I read online that I should put some loctite glue to secure them to the concrete deck. Is that a good idea? I mean for the metal casing, not the part that goes up and down during open/closing of pool. Some of the existing ones come out pretty easily when I pull them up, but doesn't seem to affect the cover since the pull is sideways.
I am also missing some holes and not familiar with making holes into concrete. Is this something I can do myself or get a professional? It might be cheap to have the pros do this, but I haven't gotten any quotes yet.

Anyone try a driver drill with a hex bit to raise and lower their anchors? It is a bit tiresome to do them all the way around the pool. I have the 15” L shaped tool. I know that some of my anchors would spin though with some sideways pressure on the drill it may stay put enough to allow it to be raised or lowered electrically.

I use a drill with a hex bit to raise and lower the anchors every year. Been doing it for 13 years. I always put a little bit of silicone lube on the threads before I screw down the anchor in the spring. It seems to make it easier to raise the anchors in the fall.

Reactions: bmoreswim
The metal casing on the anchor has a lip on it with ridges. Those ridges are there to grip the concrete if the anchor is set into the concrete proper. If the hole is drilled properly, you remove the inside of the anchor from the casing, put the casing in the hole and then use a tamping tool to set the casing down into the concrete. Just insert the tamping tool and give it a whack with a hammer. Here is a tamping tool.
Loop Loc Brass Anchor Tamp Tool

I use a driver with a long extension and hex bit, works great. Like others have said, I lubricate mine in the spring before screwing them down for the season.

Most Phillips screwdriver bits for a driver are hex shaped. I don't know if others recommending a hex bit are recommending one with a hex end. All you need to do is take a Phillips screwdriver bit that is hex shaped and insert it backwards in your drill. The hex shape of the bit fits into the anchor perfectly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.