Pool construction next-door making a filthy mess of my pool.

Jul 24, 2016
Vacaville CA.
The neighbor behind me is having an inground pool put in. They're over there digging with a tractor and not using any water. All of that dust is coming into my yard and pool. I have vacuumed it twice in the last week and can't keep up with it. Grrrrr!

68e8404c261e321d6db72ed8d4652f29.jpg
16ea53ae1d6c8fcaffd965c2e77e750c.jpg

I would suggest you talk to your neighbor to see if his contractors can bring in some water to keep the dust down. A polite conversation can solve most problems and I'm sure he has no idea his dig is causing you any trouble.

I would still discuss with neighbor. There is still plenty of work to be done and the dust will not go away until the job site is finished and clean. If you live in an HOA, your association would have rules covering this. If you don't live in an HOA, then it's just going to have to be a gentlemen's agreement.

Maybe cover your pool, or bring out the big, redneck, box fan? As long as the construction isn't lingering... it should end. Sucks. But such is life.

EDIT: Maybe your neighbors thought the same of when others were building? Good to actually talk to your neighbor, maybe NOT worker.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.