pool color choice--- Midnight Blue?

buttercup9

Hello,
We are rennovating our pool and replacing the coping, tile and liner. Our pool contractor used NPT and we originally chose Stonescapes Tropics Blue Mini. We were told two days ago that there is a delay/ shortage of white pebbles that goes into the aggregate. This is the description: "StoneScapes Mini Tropics Blue creates a dark blue water color and is comprised of dark blue pigmented white Portland cement, black, gold and white natural quartz pebble aggregates and a specialty blend of colored quartz highlights and abalone shell." The entire backyard is being rennovated and putting the pavers down is dependent on the tile and coping going on the pool 1st. We've already been delayed a few weeks for various reasons and the pool liner will delay us further, probably to late May if we stayed with Tropics blue. Based on what my landscape contractor had told me, I am having my mother come and visit mid- May (he told me they would be done with the yard the 1st week of May- thats out of the question now). I haven't seen my mom in a year and a half and all she was really looking forward to relaxing in the yard/pool.
Because we just want to get this done, we are trying for other options so we asked if Stonescapes Midnight Blue Mini would be available. Somehow it is, even though its description also has white pebbles (perhaps not as many).

Do people feel like this color is too dark? The yard is quite bright in general so I am hoping that will balance it out. Also, will snakes be visible in this pool? We do have snakes here, including rattle snakes. Would adding glass to the mix help lighten it or just does it sparkle more?

Thanks!

Hi there Buttercup :) Welcome to TFP.

I've seen black liners in pools and yes, in daylight you still could see the bottom clearly (for snakes, eeeek!). I like dark blue pools so much more than lighter blue, teal or green water pools.
I looked for pictures of Midnight Blue Mini but couldn't find any.

Please share pics of your pool and yard project. We LOVE pics.

Maddie :flower:

Yeah, there will never be anyone behind us due to the hill. The yard is a disaster at the moment (and has been for weeks). Sadly, I haven't gotten any adivse from people who have midnight blue. Oh well.
Following along here. Wondering if you have had any more advice on midnight blue? I am trying to decide too. My plastering company tried to steer me away from dark colors in the quartzscape finishes due to complaints of grey appearance as the finish ages. They did say however that the same color in the stonescapes finish has not had the same complaints.

From what I’ve read on here, dark colors don’t prevent you from seeing things on the bottom of the pool. My niece has midnight blue but in PebbleTec. Not exactly the same but it’s got to be close. They love it. Their pool is 9’ deep and she’s never said that was a problem.

We ended up getting the Tropics Blue after all. The evening prior to intallation, the pool contractor called and said that they had a supply and could get it done. I don't have great photo's at this time because, as you can tell from the above photo's, the entire yard was dug up and there are workmen here daily doing things. I currently only have photo's in the evening (after they have left). Hopefully get morning and midday shots sometime soon. We are happy with the color, and I can definitely see the bottom!

We ended up getting the Tropics Blue after all. The evening prior to intallation, the pool contractor called and said that they had a supply and could get it done. I don't have great photo's at this time because, as you can tell from the above photo's, the entire yard was dug up and there are workmen here daily doing things. I currently only have photo's in the evening (after they have left). Hopefully get morning and midday shots sometime soon. We are happy with the color, and I can definitely see the bottom!
Hi. If you are still checking your posts, please post some pictures of the Tropics Blue as we are less than 2 weeks from starting the interior finish. Ellen M

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.