meestahmarc

Jun 7, 2018
Paramus, NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I just closed my pool. great season and closing went well. I have a large property, so wondering what chemicals do I need to store inside vs those I can leave in shed.

I think I should leave the liquid chemicals in my basement, algaecide, super blue, chlorine (yes I know it loses strength), stain control.

Can I leave the other stuff in my shed, with cold winter. 1lb bags of shock, shock pucks, DE, calcium chloride and my Cyunaric acid granule... I'd prefer not to have to haul this heavy stuff inside.

thoughts?

The main item to watch is muriatic acid. That cannot be stored in the shed or around anything metal due to corrosion. It can be outside though in a separate plastic container or something like that. Most of the other stuff can be outdoors as the cold won't bother them. Any open boxes of powder might be best indoors just to avoid moisture.

1lb bags of shock
Depending on what kind of shock it is, you might just consider getting rid of it. You can always buy more if you need it next season. Donate to a non-TFP neighbor or try to sell on social media / craigslist. CalHypo is extremely unstable and not the safest thing to store near other chemicals or flammables as it continually emits chlorine even when dry. You should not keep or mix any open individual bags of granulated Cal-Hypo.

Be safe!

I just closed my pool. great season and closing went well. I have a large property, so wondering what chemicals do I need to store inside vs those I can leave in shed.

I think I should leave the liquid chemicals in my basement, algaecide, super blue, chlorine (yes I know it loses strength), stain control.

Can I leave the other stuff in my shed, with cold winter. 1lb bags of shock, shock pucks, DE, calcium chloride and my Cyunaric acid granule... I'd prefer not to have to haul this heavy stuff inside.

thoughts?
Calcium Chloride - if you're in Paramus then throw it on your driveway when it snows (it's whats in ice melt). TBH, I overbuy ice melt each winter (I check for nasties in it besides calcium chloride, of course) to use in the pool over the summer because, like everything else, it's the same chemical but multiples of the cost if it mentions pool on the label.

Reactions: TexEdmond
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.