Pool cleaner needed if I have a pool screen enclosure?

Hmmm, I do have a jumping rock that I could use similarly. And an outlet just behind it that is already GFCI protected and wired to my automation system... Oh no, I feel myself falling down the robot-hole... 🤖 I still don't want to have to lug the thing out of the water though...

I may install a 1 or 1.5 inch line from equipment area straight through the bond beam and run the cord through it.. :)

Reactions: Dirk
PBs haven't really responded to the robot rage yet, have they. How about a repurposed channel drain run across the deck. Up to, or even right through the coping? Something with an easy access cover/lid. Run a robot power cord through it and eliminate the tripping hazard while minimizing the eyesore.

Just modified your idea a bit, Casey. So that you could lay the robot cord without cutting it. And only semi-permanent so you could remove the robot and its cord relatively easily when you needed/wanted to...

Reactions: cowboycasey
I wonder if robot sales would get a boost if robot manufacturers offered some sort of solution for running the cord to the pool. One that finicky aesthetic-minded pool owners would like, and PBs could easily install. $13 worth of PVC, $200 retail, $500 installed. Pool-profiteers' dream product.

Copyright © 2021. All rights reserved. Dirk Industries, Inc.

Right, but maybe with an easier access cover. Funny. When I visited the link just now one of the ads that appeared was for a pool robot! Did you get that? Geez, they're listening in!! 🤖

I wish there was a good way to make the cable retractable, but gentle enough it wouldn't affect operation. I don't like the long coils of cable floating on the pool surface. For me and the way my deck is laid out the cable on the deck is a non-issue, but I sure do hate all that excess cable floating on top of the water.

I've considered experimenting with a retractable hose reel or perhaps a retractable extension cord reel.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.