Pool cleaner for 12’ x 24’, 6 ft deep pool

tm8747a

May 17, 2021
Ottawa, ON, Canada
Hi all, new member, first post. I just got a pool and it’s my first time owning one. It’s a vinyl liner pool, 12’ x 24’, 6’ deep in the deep end, L shaped pool (the L shape just being because of a larger set of steps). When purchasing the pool, I feel we got pretty poor advice. One such advice was that a robot was not needed and et could just brush towards the drains and it would do the job. Day 4 of swimming in the new pool and I’m already convinced a robot would be good. So I’m doing some research. When searching for “best pool robot”, the nautilus cc plus comes up a lot as #1. Here in Canada looks like that could run around CDN$1,379. Meanwhile, I’ve seen the Pentair Warrior SE mentioned in these parts, I could get that one for CDN$1,000. Any reason to get the nautilus over the warrior? Any other suggestions? Is this overkill for such a small pool?

5E7733D4-16DC-4592-BB2E-8C61841D609E.jpeg

Many folks here are extremely happy with their warrior se. It has a large top loading debris basket instead of the cartridges, has the automation mode capability & waterline scrubbing which are not features of the cc plus.

Welcome!

I have a warrior se in a pool just slightly larger than yours and I wouldn't call it over kill. I run 1x or 2x a week and it helps keep pool clean, I haven't pulled manual vacuum out since buying it either

Welcome!

I have a warrior se in a pool just slightly larger than yours and I wouldn't call it over kill. I run 1x or 2x a week and it helps keep pool clean, I haven't pulled manual vacuum out since buying it either
Same here - if anything, it's shocking how much silt/dirt it traps in the filters from an otherwise very clean looking pool!

Any of the S200/Warrior/Active robots would be a great fit for this pool, I'd bet.

Thanks! When it says "Pool Cleaning: Floor/Wall/Waterline", what does "Waterline" refer to? It will clean the surface of the water?
The robot will climb the wall and brush the water line (or top of wall, said differently.) Semi-helpful if you get a lot of grass clippings and pollen in the pool.

Thanks! When it says "Pool Cleaning: Floor/Wall/Waterline", what does "Waterline" refer to? It will clean the surface of the water?
Water line cleaning ones are able to go up to the waterline then move horizontally on the wall at the waterline. The others that don’t have that feature just go up, hover a sec & come back down.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.