Pool chlorine while on vacation

shorembo

Silver Supporter
Jan 24, 2012
SW Florida
I am heading out for a vacation and have some questions about pool chemistry. The details are:
1. It's for two weeks
2. I do not want to run my pump during that time for various reasons (pump problems, refilling pool, etc.)
3. After around a week and a half someone will be using the pool and I don't want to burn them with too high chlorine.
4. We have a house checker that might be able to do something really simple like add a chlorine tab.

Currently I run a a SwimPure around 8 hours a day at 70%. That usually takes care of things.
I was thinking of using a floater with chlorine tabs but I am not sure how many tabs to start off with or how often to add.
Any ideas on the chlorine calculations related to what I would need with chlorine tabs? Also, does a floater work without circulation?

Thanks for any advice.

Bottom line is that if you're not going to circulate the water you can't keep it chlorinated. A puck floater will get blown to a side and sit there bleaching out the finish.

You may need to have your house checker add water up to near the top of the skimmer when they check in, if needed.

Just keep the pump running while you're gone. Mine runs 24x7 and I've never had trouble with it. Don't make it hard on yourself.
Your water shouldn’t be dripping that fast. If it’s really all evaporating, you might try filling it up a little extra or letting a hose drip very slowly while your gone if you don’t have anyone available to help add water. We get so much rain I rarely have to fill it. I figured Florida would be similar.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.