Nov 29, 2022
TX
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
I am new to pool ownership and was just wondering if there were any basic chemicals I need to keep around to keep my pool operating correctly this summer when operating as a salt water pool. I have the TFTestKit and was planning to do my own testing and balancing throughout the summer. I know there are times that special chemicals might be required, but was not sure if there were some basics to keep around so I would not have to run to the store every time something was off.

I am new to pool ownership and was just wondering if there were any basic chemicals I need to keep around to keep my pool operating correctly this summer when operating as a salt water pool. I have the TFTestKit and was planning to do my own testing and balancing throughout the summer. I know there are times that special chemicals might be required, but was not sure if there were some basics to keep around so I would not have to run to the store every time something was off.
If you do a good job of staying on top of testing, you probably just need acid and maybe some liquid chlorine. No magic chemicals needed. Welcome!

You might fill out your signature with details about your pool and equipment to have people give specific advice.

You will most probobly only need to keep muriaric acid on hand to control the pH.
Once in a while, you may need to add liquid chlorine before/after a big pool usage event.

Fill out your signature with pool, pool equipment (manufacturers and model numbers) and test kit info.
This assists us in providing help for your specific pool without needing to ask for this info each time.

Use PoolMath, turn on Track Combine Chlorine, Trach Salt, Track Temperature, Track CSI.
Also, share your PoolMath logs here so others can view them when clicking on your profile.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.