Pool builder recommends Polaris 280?

darrenbailey

Aug 28, 2020
Houston, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Will start digging our first pool ever in mid October and trying to confirm I'm doing all the right selections. Pool builder included Polaris 280 in estimate but he's agreeable to do something else. From what I've read it seems the robot cleaners may do a better job but looking for recommendation on which brand/model to choose and what are the negatives of having a robot cleaner.

Thx..Darren

Welcome to the forum! The only negative for a robot is the cost. But everything else makes up for it. Especially since the 280 requires a booster pump which uses a lot more energy than a robot. I wouldn't consider anything else.

Reactions: BowserB
What Mark said. I wish I had known about this place in time to not get a stupid booster pump and pressure side cleaner. Robot is the only way to go. When you figure the cost of the pressure side cleaner, the booster pump, and the plumbing for it all, plus the difference in NOISE and electricity, it really is practically a no brainer. Someone here will suggest a good one for a lot less than my Maytronics M500.

Most here seem to favor the plug in robots. I see the allure but I’ve been very happy with my polaris 360. No booster pump required, just divert flow to it for an hour or two each day and leave it be. Mine is black and kind of blends in. The only time I pull it out of the water is when we have a bunch of people swimming. If I ever decide to go with a plug in robot I’ll have an extra return. 😁 good luck with the process.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.