Pool Build question/Recommendation

Hello group!
I'm upgrading from a 15ft Summerwaves to a 18x52 Intex Ultra. As we all work through COVID-19 it looks like the vacations are looking more and more like staying home. So if that's the case I'd like to make the pool as comfortable as possible. Living in the northeast in PA i had trouble last year keeping the smaller pool above 70 degrees with a solar cover and all. I'm looking to add a pool heater and SWG to this new build. I guess my questions are related to the heater and pump. What kind of heater is more cost efficient? Propane or electric. Whats a typical install cost? I have no propane tank so it looks like i would need a large tank installed as well. I have no natural gas line so that isn't an option. Any recommended brands or sizes? The second questions is around pump size. What pump size would i be looking for to work with the heater? I had a intex salt water system that was 1600gph but i returned it as it seemed to small for the pool size and don't want to make the same mistake again. Any recommended brands? Thank you all in advance.

Walmart just got some more in. I got an 16x32 XTR for $1500 with tax. The smaller ones from third parties were actually alot more money so I went for the monster. It looks like price jumped up to over $1700. Oh and we ended up not being charged the shipping fee when it shipped. Good luck!

Intex 18' x 52" Ultra XTR Frame Round Above Ground Swimming Pool Set with Pump

Where did you get your Intex Ultra XTR? I'm looking for one, but am finding them sold out everywhere.
Walmart just got some more in. I got an 16x32 XTR for $1500 with tax. The smaller ones from third parties were actually alot more money so I went for the monster. It looks like price jumped up to over $1700. Oh and we ended up not being charged the shipping fee when it shipped. Good luck!

Intex 32ft x 16ft x 4.3ft Ultra XTR Rectangular Above Ground Frame Swimming Pool Set w/ Pump, Gray

Intex 32ft x 16ft x 4.3ft Ultra XTR Rectangular Above Ground Frame Swimming Pool Set w/ Pump, Gray

This is the rectangle 16x32? I have the ultra frame, but due to rusting, I’ve decided we’ll upgrade next year. So I started looking online yesterday & they were going for over $3500, even on Wal-Mart.com.

This is the rectangle 16x32? I have the ultra frame, but due to rusting, I’ve decided we’ll upgrade next year. So I started looking online yesterday & they were going for over $3500, even on Wal-Mart.com.
Must have sold out of them bc just bought it. The 16x32 Ultra XTR Frame is made with galvanized steel and powdered on inside is my understanding so they aren't SUPPOSED to rust. But we shall see. Good luck, keep watching for Walmart not their price gouging third party sellers to get more in stock. We lucked out. Good luck!

Reactions: Windylou
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.