careingemt

Sep 11, 2013
PA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Asking for advise / a direction to go with automating my pool currently running Home-Assistant. I would like to incorporate the following :
water tempature
pump control
flow switch (detects if pump is actually moving water)

For temperature monitoring, there are many options. I use the Sonoff TH-16 with DS18B20 probe to monitor temps and control my heater. The probe is installed a thermowell threaded into a tee-fitting. The Sonoff switch works with the eWelink app, Alexa, HA, Smart Things and others. Mine is connected to 120 volts.

Sonoff replaced the TH-16 with a better unit that now provides historical data. You'll need to order the probe separately. Here is the updated unit:

https://www.amazon.com/SONOFF-Origin-Temperature-Humidity-Monitoring/dp/B0B5GM1LTG?th=1

20220402_133517.jpg

With a single-speed pump, control is pretty straightforward. You just need to find a Wifi switch/timer that will handle the amperage/voltage of your pump. Options are limited if the pump is over 1 hp and connected to 120 volts.

Not sure how to detect water flow.

Thats the biggest issue i have... (in-line) is the water temp the same as the actual pool water temperature when the pump is not running ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.