Pool and Spa Light question

A while ago my pool light failed. It's 15 years old so bulbs fail right? I bought a new one and when the pool guy came around I asked him to put it in. A few months later it failed again. The spa light went out. I assumed it was bulbs and (many) months later I bought two new bulbs.

Today I fitted one in the spa and it didn't work. l I took the old bulb, 16 years old, and tested in my porch light. It worked! While the new bulb in the spa doesn't work. I didn't bother fitting the new bulb in the pool since something else is going on.

Has anyone got any ideas on trouble shooting. It sounds electrical right? Of course I checked the main house electrical panel and that's turned on, I turned on the breakers on the pool panel. Anything else?

Your pool lights are likely connected a GFCI. Our control box has an outdoor/weather proof outlet that is GFCI and our pool and spa lights are connected to that. Odds are the GFCI is tripped causing the lights not to work.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.