Pool Accessories - What Do You Have

Let me throw in my opinion..... NOT RECOMMENDED! Tritan (the material these glasses are made of) appears to be the perfect pool side companion. IT IS NOT.

A known flaw in this material is that (at least) some suntan lotions etch it. A dear friend had on suntan lotion one afternoon, at wine-thirty, and this photo shows the net effect of suntan lotion her wine glass......perpetual fingerprints.

JPEG-0722.jpg

If anybody knows of a more bullet-proof poolside product, we are all ears.

My kids love diving sticks and rings and I even have a good time with them occasionally too. One of those things I have to train my kids to get out of the pool when they're done swimming though... Our pool noodles will be going on their 3rd season. Granted we have short summers but they are always kept in the shade of our deck.

I'm looking for a good semi-outdoor portable bluetooth speaker for next summer as well.

Let me throw in my opinion..... NOT RECOMMENDED! Tritan (the material these glasses are made of) appears to be the perfect pool side companion. IT IS NOT.

A known flaw in this material is that (at least) some suntan lotions etch it. A dear friend had on suntan lotion one afternoon, at wine-thirty, and this photo shows the net effect of suntan lotion her wine glass......perpetual fingerprints.

View attachment 44473

If anybody knows of a more bullet-proof poolside product, we are all ears.

We have these wine glasses http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/certified-international-acrylic-hammered-glass-goblet-in-clear-set-of-12/1044439231?skuId=44439231&mcid=PS_googlepla_nonbrand_outdoorutility_&adpos=1o4&creative=43742648869&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=Cj0KEQiAtri0BRDLoaCF95e7o_sBEiQA_pgRQ_T6bDqSZMWmgcYHtxqWJj4KmiD7iOtJc_vZrUMKqT0aAm0O8P8HAQ and love them. I don't know if you're looking for stemless or not, but I am very fond of stemmed acrylic for poolside. We have something similar for martinis.

Helen, I like the ones you found at Whole Foods! My youngest son, who has many thing Yeti, doesn't like the fact that the lowball tumbler doesn't come with a lid. And once you buy the lid, it's the same price as the larger one!

If you get the ones from Whole Foods, let me know how they work out. Love the idea of being able to use glass.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Marla, if your son has a 20 ouncer, he has a lid because they are interchangeable! We had a boat for years, and I am not fond of drinking wine from plastic wine glasses -- it just doesn't work for me. Unsure how the SS would be -- maybe just as bad? For the record, I am perfectly fine drinking wine out of super cheap BBB glasses -- like the $20/12 variety!! So the small Lifestreams are promising. And I like that I can get different colors!

Helen, yes the Yeti lids are interchangeable, but if he is using it for his 20 ouncer, then there isn't an extra lid available for the tumbler. Just seems kinda cheap on Yetis part not to include a lid!

I am also not fond of drinking wine from plastic, so the Lifefactory glasses really look appealing. Since your pool will be done before mine, you get to be the guinea pig!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.