Gold Supporter
Jul 25, 2022
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello! Getting ready to close my 24' AGP pool soon. Live in Michigan and my pool water is a bone-chilling 50 degrees so it's time lol I've read the Pool Closing article several times and I think I'm good to go with the exception of the two questions below:

1 - Where does one purchase PolyQuat 60? Is this something I have to buy at my local pool store? (Haven't stepped foot in my local pool store since I joined this site earlier in the summer after a vicious algae bloom) And might I add I've managed to keep my pool perfectly balanced ever since!
2 - Is it mandatory that I drain the water down to right below the skimmer and the eyeball jet? I have the plastic Aquador cover that fits over the opening of the skimmer, etc. What harm am I causing by leaving my water at it's current level when I close the pool? (I always keep my water at about 1" below the top of the skimmer opening)

Thank you!
Todd

I have bought polyquat 60 on amazon (never actually used it though)
Since you have the aquadoor you don’t have to drain. Just plug the returns. I like the screw in plugs with the orings on them. You may want to shore your bets by putting some foam (or something crushable like a plastic bottle) in the skimmer incase water gets past the aqua door.
Leave the skimmer bottom open as well so any water should just drain out.

I have 2 returns- one is about a foot from the floor of the pool so it is impossible to drain down that far - i just plug it with the screw in plug.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.