Polycarbonate Pool Enclosure or Indoor Pool

TiffanyWA

Dec 4, 2019
Spokane, WA
My husband and I are trying to decide between building an outdoor pool and then getting a large polycarbonate pool enclosure or just building an indoor pool. I haven't been able to find many personal reviews from people who have done either one of these. I have seen a few people on here with indoor pools but it looks like most of those were inherited when they bought the house. Anyone build one themselves? What about the pool enclosures? I'd love to hear from people who have experience from either one of these. I live in Spokane, WA so we want to get a longer life out of our pool than just the short Summer months.

swimcmp

In The Industry
Nov 8, 2011
Moberly,MO
We have been involved with several indoor builds. The most important thing to do is maintain dehumidification. One way to assist this is an auto cover. You need to maintain pool and room temperature within two degrees of each other. We have one customer who did a rolling polycarbonate enclosure and kept his pool running year around.

TiffanyWA

Dec 4, 2019
Spokane, WA
We have been involved with several indoor builds. The most important thing to do is maintain dehumidification. One way to assist this is an auto cover. You need to maintain pool and room temperature within two degrees of each other. We have one customer who did a rolling polycarbonate enclosure and kept his pool running year around.
Any idea on the cost comparison between going straight for indoor or doing a large enclosure? I've read a lot about dehumidification when it comes to an indoor pool. With an indoor pool we can build a lot of it into the structure (in addition to an auto cover). Would just an auto cover on an enclosure do the trick to bring down the humidity?