Poles stuck on AGP iPool Therapy Pool (Frame Pool)

I am taking down this pool and will be putting a hot tub in this same location on my screen porch, instead. I have drained out almost all of the water and plan to let the remainder just spill out onto my porch when the pool comes down. With great effort, I was able to detach one horizontal pole and one side support. When I could not detach any others, I then tried what the iPool website recommends, WD40 and a rubber mallet. I had previously tried silicone spray on the ones I couldn't remove. Still cannot do it. Some of the push-in pins won't even push in at all and those that do easily push in pop right back out while I am trying to pull the poles apart. This is much too strenuous for me and I am not going to try anymore. I am going to have to hire help. Wondering who would be best to hire and what they can do. Certainly, two people (not including me) would be more likely to be able to do this than one. I have seen some of the posts of what others have tried. I want to sell the pool, but I am afraid that the poles might have to be sawed apart and all that will be left is the liner, if it can even be gotten off.

As an afterthought: I have had this pool advertised for about 2 weeks in many places online, but I had no inquiries, whatsoever, until I brought it down to a ridiculously low price, and of those, still no one has decided to buy it. I am thinking that whatever I will have to pay to hire help to take it down, which I cannot afford, to begin with, might be more than what I am currently asking for the pool. But, even if I were to just discard it, I would not even be able to get it out through the narrow door in its present state. It just occurred to me that I might do best by just advertising it as free to whoever can dismantle it. I also have the ladder and the cartridge filter pump, but those I would still sell. Any advice?

Last edited:
The parts and equiptment could go in your garage until you found a buyer. If you are convinced that you cant sell the pool, a sawzall would make quick work of dismantling it. You'd also be able to make the pieces whatever size you need for ease of removing them. 100 small and light trips would be better than 5 large and heavy pieces.

Reactions: mxnathantamar
Thanks. I have never used a saw in my life, though, nor do I own one. I would have to hire someone for that or else buy a saw and attempt to use it. I don't even know what kin, or how much a saw costs. I suspect that removing the poles is possible, but not by me. My intention was to store everything in my utility room after the pool was taken down until I can sell it, but it cannot even be moved as is. I wish that there was some way to blast the poles apart and not damage anything. And I also wonder whether, if the poles have to be sawed, whether someone could order new poles from the company and still use the liner. I am getting the hot tub tomorrow and there is not enough room for both that and the pool on my screen porch. I will have to store the hot tub in its package until the pool can be taken down.

Do you have any neighbors who could help ? You could promise a few dips in the new hot tub in exchange for labor. Maybe sweeten the deal with a 12 pack of tasty beverages.

Also I looked it up for you. Harbor Freight has a reciprocating saw for $30. You would still need somebody to use it for you tho.

I will ask around, but this is a senior community and getting these poles out is going to be strenuous. Some may have good ideas, but may not be able to do the work themselves. And while I have many acquaintances and a few friends, outside of my house, I am very solitary and do not invite people to my home to socialize. I could offer beverages to potential helpers, but the hot tub will be just for me. There is also a DIY club meeting here in 2 weeks that I could attend to maybe find help or get advice. A handyman put the iPool together for me. I never imagined it would be so difficult to take down. I updated my profile, since I sold the kiddie frame pool a few weeks ago, to make space for the hot tub. The kiddie pool I set up and took down by myself with no problems. But neither got warm enough for me, not even in mid-90s weather, probably, at least partly, because they are underneath a roof. And they were unusable in the winter. I had planned to get a heat pump, but the cost of that plus an electrical upgrade was more than I could afford; getting a plug-and play inflatable hot tub was a cheaper option, and I can set it at warm, rather than hot, if I like.

Reactions: Newdude
Just talked to a friend at the dog park tonight. I knew he couldn't do the job, since he has a heart condition, but he said he knew someone else who probably could, whose charge would be minimal. Just as he was going to ask his wife to call this man, he drove by on his golf cart. They called him over and I showed him a picture of the pool. He thinks he can do it. He is going to stop by my house in the morning and look at it. Thanks for your advice, Newdude. I will let you know what happens.

Reactions: Newdude
Do you have any neighbors who could help ? You could promise a few dips in the new hot tub in exchange for labor. Maybe sweeten the deal with a 12 pack of tasty beverages.

Also I looked it up for you. Harbor Freight has a reciprocating saw for $30. You would still need somebody to use it for you tho.
Thanks, Newdude, for the information and advice. The man came to look at my pool, and at that point, he couldn’t budge it, either. But he said that the problem was that there was still a little bit of water left in the pool, creating a certain amount of weight. After he left, I spent over an hour scooping out the remaining water manually. The next day the man came back and he had the pool all taken down within about 15 minutes, no tools or anything else required. It still took, as he said, some “brute force” to separate a few of the poles, but we got it all taken down without causing any damage, so that I can now try to sell it. Thanks again!

Nice that it was salvageable. And even nicer it was relatively easy. Good for you. Thanks for the update

oi
If you can wait till next spring/early summer to sell the pool, you'll probably get a much better response than now. It's a little late in the season for pool shopping for most people.
If you can wait till next spring/early summer to sell the pool, you'll probably get a much better response than now. It's a little late in the season for pool shopping for most people.
Nice that it was salvageable. And even nicer it was relatively easy. Good for you. Thanks for the update
You're welcome.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks frogabog. That is useful to know. I will keep that in mind. I do have one person interested in the pool who will not be back in Florida for another month. I also had inquiries from Australia and Fiji, until I took it off a general pool site and limited it to just Central Florida. On the other hand, I was swamped within minutes of advertising my kiddie pool a few weeks ago. I had someone coming to my house to buy it within an hour, but then the price for that was much lower.

oops! I missed that you're in FL. Swim season is year round there!

Selling things in your local community ebbs and flows. Use multiple listing sites, such as OfferUp and Facebook Marketplace in addition to old school places like Craigslist. What one person is looking for this week, doesn't mean others aren't going to be looking for next week. Good luck!

I am using all of those and a few more sites. Is there any way to determine an appropriate price? When I got no responses for 2 weeks, I just kept bringing it down to what may now be a ridiculously low price. And while I won't go down any lower, I don't know how I could raise the price right now with people watching it online. I guess if no one buys it relatively soon, I could just take it off all the sites and then wait a while before advertising it again for a higher price.

Generally, a good rule of thumb for used items is 50% of new or less. But I can't give any advice about your pool, sorry. I would suggest trying to find some same model sales nationally for a better idea of it's value.

And yes, try taking it down for a few days and reposting. Especially if it's been posted for a while and not at the top of the lists.

At 25% of new, it probably has less to do with price, and more to do with demand at this moment. Maybe a few days to a week not being listed will help you with a reset.

Also, if you have room to store it... just keep it listed at a reasonable price. Someone will buy it eventually.

OK, that is good to know, about being more likely about demand than price. I am going to take it off sale for a while. I will still allow the current price for the one interested party that contacted me, but if that person doesn't take it, I will start all over again with a more appropriate price in about a month. I can store it as long as necessary. Thanks.

Reactions: frogabog
I use the letgo app. I’ve had things that had 5 people racing to pick up first and things that took 6 months but eventually went to somebody just as happy. It all depends on who is looking for what at any given moment. I generally don’t need the money for whatever I’m selling and if 50% doesn’t do it after a while I leave it at 30% until it sells. Just like any yard sales, I’ve turned away hundreds of lowballs. People going on and on about their sob stories and why I should give them stuff for 10% of its worth. If I know you I will give you anything I have if you are struggling. As a complete stranger who is most likely trying to scam, Take a hike.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.