Dec 4, 2020
West Sacramento California
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello,
Great Forum! I am new to the Forum and my name is Dave. I am midway through installation of a 300sf inground pool. The company constructing has suggested the Polaris Quattro Sport for cleaning. They quoted $1,500.00 and I don't mind paying it but wanted to compare it to robots at the same price point. Because it's a pressure cleaner, I am not finding any comparisons online. Does anyone have experience with the Quattro and Robotic cleaners?

Hey Dave and welcome !! Hold onto your hat because man oh man are there opinions on this matter, and I’m sure they’ll be coming soon. Lol.

it’s generally accepted here that a robot cleans better and is cheaper to purchase and run. The Dolphin S200 and all of its sister clones is by far accepted as best bang for the buck around $700, but some folks like the bells and whistles of the more expensive models. (Bluetooth drive ability, Caddies, etc). Some other folks don’t like the cord aspect of the robot and removing it when not in use so they opt for the other cleaners, while knowing their drawbacks. And that’s ok too. The Quattro sport is certainly a well liked machine for those that go that route.

Reactions: davidk74
Hey Dave and welcome !! Hold onto your hat because man oh man are there opinions on this matter, and I’m sure they’ll be coming soon. Lol.

it’s generally accepted here that a robot cleans better and is cheaper to purchase and run. The Dolphin S200 and all of its sister clones is by far accepted as best bang for the buck around $700, but some folks like the bells and whistles of the more expensive models. (Bluetooth drive ability, Caddies, etc). Some other folks don’t like the cord aspect of the robot and removing it when not in use so they opt for the other cleaners, while knowing their drawbacks. And that’s ok too. The Quattro sport is certainly a well liked machine for those that go that route.
Great! thanks for the reply. I just did a search and it looks like this was actually covered in another thread. Not a good start for me I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I have the Quattro and love it. I like to leave my cleaner in pool 24/7 because of the tree's. It does sometimes get stuck on the more vertical walls though. Polaris sent me a backup valve to install and that seems to have helped that issue. I wish the basket for the debris was larger but I deal with it. I have had to replace the tires because of the Pebble Tech bottom but that is just wear.

Reactions: davidk74
Great! thanks for your responses. I went ahead and ordered the Pentair Warrior SE. The quatro would have added an additional $1,500.00 to the pool. I was also worried about the cost of running the pump plus booster. I live in California and get my power from PG&E at a ridiculous rate.

Reactions: mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.