NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
This weekend I'm replacing a 20 year old pump with a new Hayward. There's a ground wire running from the pump to an old Polaris booster I'm no longer using.
Question is- does this plan make sense?
Disconnect ground wire.
Cut Polaris tube out of return line and fill with coupling.
Detach Polaris tube from return pipe and cap 1 1/2 in pipe.
Attached picture hopefully explains all.
Next question- there is a return for the Polaris which currently has an eyeball. Any issues keeping eyeball (unused) there till I close the pool?
Auction is on far left and return is on right if I have it right?
16.jpg

That's a bonding wire, and if the pump is gone, you don't need it.

I think I'd loop the plumbing around and use that extra return. Just yank the pump and connect the two ends. But if you want to leave it unused, it should hurt anything. I have a mystery fitting in my pool that I think goes to a capped pipe stub on the pad. Hasn;t developed algae as far as I can see into it.

So if I understand, connect left pipe over to the right pipe where the tube enters the return?
Is that better than capping the left one?

If you connect the left to the right then water will flow through the cleaner fitting giving you a bit more circulation. Or you can cap the lines. Whichever you prefer.

I just took a look at the Polaris plumbing. It's glued and messy so I probably can't connect right to left. Will probably just disconnect and plug left pipe.
On the right, the Polaris is about 4 inches of height of the pipe. Might be a bit much for a coupling. Considering plugging the place where Polaris hose connects instead. What size connections are they?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.