Polaris booster pump

perryy

Aug 7, 2007
NC
The 3/4 hp booster pump for my Polaris 380 has been noisy for some time and now sounds like it's going to self-destruct. So, I pulled it out and took it to a local pump servicer who is going to take a look at it today and tell me what it needs. I can get a new Hayward pump delivered for $176, so I have to decide whether to repair or replace. Anyone have any thoughts?

Perryy, welcome to TFP!

See what the repair guy has to say about the cost of repair, also see if he will warrantee the work for at least 90 days. It's probably the bearings that need to be replaced,. The seals (especially the shaft seal assembly :!: ) should be replaced at this time. If the entire new pump comes out being <$75 more than the fix with a 90 day warrantee and new seals I would get the new pump (which will have a 1 year warrantee).

I wish you well with the booster pump whichever way you go :) As always, if you need more help/ clarification - simply ask and we'll help you as much as we can :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.