Polaris 93/94/95/9650 Owners Club

I have the Polaris 9550, second year and loving it! Purchased the extra fine sand basket and it holds on to everything. Very happy with the product, remove it from the pool once completed and always spray it down after each use. I highly recommend.

So while the extra fine sand worked great, the mesh is already separating from the frame. Called Zodiac, and they are shipping me 2!! replacements for the one. Guy on the phone apologized profusely and said they had been aware of some problems with some older extra fine filters but had fixed them.

Ran the robot the other day and the robot flipped itself over on its back, wheels up in the air, full turtle. Thought for sure I would have to help it as it was scooting along the bottom on its back. Couple minutes later to my complete surprise the robot righted itself and went right on cleaning. Still very impressed with the product and impressed with Zodiac's customer service.

And to the poster above, yes the dry weight is slightly more on the Polaris, but the lift function brings the cleaner to the tile line and expels all the water as you lift. Cleaner full of water is substantially more than one empty.

As of Friday, I am now a first time member of the robotic pool cleaner club and more specifically the Polaris 965iQ club. I bought mine at Leslie pools for $1374.99 which included $225 off ($100 in store rebate and $125 mail in rebate). It also came with a 3-year warranty which was a big selling point for me.

I had always wanted a robotic cleaner, and was planning on ordering a Dolphin once I could finally convince the boss of the house that spending that much money on one would be worth it. Fast forward to this weekend, I had a pool party coming up on Sunday and after a series of monsoon storms that left my pool a disaster, the boss lady finally gave me the go ahead to buy one.

After calling around to numerous pool stores in Phoenix, none of them had any Dolphin models in inventory. They all had to order them, which meant I wouldn’t have it in time to clean for the party. After calling and visiting all the stores I could in the area, the IQ looked to be the best that was available to take home that day.

In my short time owning the IQ I couldn’t be happier. I’m glad it worked out the way it did, because I forced myself to spurge a little and get the higher end robot. I love being able to control it with a phone app, the 4WD of the machine, and it’s ability to climb walls and move over obstacles. The lift feature is also a great bonus that I dont believe any of the dolphins I was looking at had. I most likely will eventually purchase the extra fine sand/silt filter, since the small dirt particles are a big part of owning a pool in the AZ desert.

I do have a few questions for those of you that are familiar with the iQ:

1. What is the major difference between the normal clean mode and the deep clean mode?

2. The app gives the ability to set a schedule to run. However, it doesn’t give me an option to select my cleaning mode or how long you want it to run. Does anyone know what the default time and cleaning mode for a scheduled cleaning?

3. Where is the best place to order the extra fine sand/silt filter? Is it directly from Polaris? The post above said they were able to get there’s replaced due to a defect. I would like to order from same place since that sounds like great customer service to me.

4. The wife is so pleased with the robot she thinks we need to give it a name. Does anyone have a clever/funny name to call a pool robot?

Anyway, I look forward to hearing from my fellow owners. If you’re like I was and reading this thread because you’re thinking about pulling the trigger, I highly recommend the purchase if your budget allows for it. If you have any questions, I’m happy to answer any that I can.

As of Friday, I am now a first time member of the robotic pool cleaner club and more specifically the Polaris 965iQ club. I bought mine at Leslie pools for $1374.99 which included $225 off ($100 in store rebate and $125 mail in rebate). It also came with a 3-year warranty which was a big selling point for me.

I had always wanted a robotic cleaner, and was planning on ordering a Dolphin once I could finally convince the boss of the house that spending that much money on one would be worth it. Fast forward to this weekend, I had a pool party coming up on Sunday and after a series of monsoon storms that left my pool a disaster, the boss lady finally gave me the go ahead to buy one.

After calling around to numerous pool stores in Phoenix, none of them had any Dolphin models in inventory. They all had to order them, which meant I wouldn’t have it in time to clean for the party. After calling and visiting all the stores I could in the area, the IQ looked to be the best that was available to take home that day.

In my short time owning the IQ I couldn’t be happier. I’m glad it worked out the way it did, because I forced myself to spurge a little and get the higher end robot. I love being able to control it with a phone app, the 4WD of the machine, and it’s ability to climb walls and move over obstacles. The lift feature is also a great bonus that I dont believe any of the dolphins I was looking at had. I most likely will eventually purchase the extra fine sand/silt filter, since the small dirt particles are a big part of owning a pool in the AZ desert.

1. What is the major difference between the normal clean mode and the deep clean mode?

2. The app gives the ability to set a schedule to run. However, it doesn’t give me an option to select my cleaning mode or how long you want it to run. Does anyone know what the default time and cleaning mode for a scheduled cleaning?

3. Where is the best place to order the extra fine sand/silt filter? Is it directly from Polaris? The post above said they were able to get there’s replaced due to a defect. I would like to order from same place since that sounds like great customer service to me.

4. The wife is so pleased with the robot she thinks we need to give it a name. Does anyone have a clever/funny name to call a pool robot?

Anyway, I look forward to hearing from my fellow owners. If you’re like I was and reading this thread because you’re thinking about pulling the trigger, I highly recommend the purchase if your budget allows for it. If you have any questions, I’m happy to answer any that I can.

Welcome to the club Spin! I have the exact same cleaner and will try to answer the questions.

1. As far as I can tell the only difference between normal and deep clean is the default time. Not 100% sure though.

2. The schedule automatically uses the cycle that is currently chosen. In other words, if you have it scheduled to run 3 times a week, and you have it set to bottom only normal, all three cleanings will be bottom only normal. Kind of a pain that they don't let you schedule the cleaning mode for each day but better than nothing.

3. That was my filter that was easily replaced. I ordered it off amazon and when it broke I called Polaris. Polaris took care of it quickly even though I had bought it through amazon (who incidentally also would have probably taken care of it quickly.) Can't go wrong buying it from the cheapest place you can find it as Polaris stood behind it with me.

4. This is definitely not my area of expertise, I have a Golden Retriever named Duke, so I'm probably not good on clever/funny names.

Hope this helps.

Suggest you order parts direct from Polaris or from a Dealer, there are a lot of knock-off parts hitting the market that are subpar quality causing failures and damage to cleaners and components. Even on Amazon you sometimes cannot be too sure it's authentic. Price is usually a good sign and they do sell authentic Polaris parts and cleaners on Amazon.

I have a 9450 that has worked faithfully for a few years. It has just now starting routinely displaying an error code 10 which has to do with communication between the controller and robot. I have completed the obvious connection checks and reset the controller but it keeps happening after about 5-10 minutes of use. Anyone have any experience with this? Advice?

Thanks

I have a 9450 that has worked faithfully for a few years. It has just now starting routinely displaying an error code 10 which has to do with communication between the controller and robot. I have completed the obvious connection checks and reset the controller but it keeps happening after about 5-10 minutes of use. Anyone have any experience with this? Advice?

Thanks

Error code 10 does say communication error in the manual, but it could mean other things, could be your power cord (control/psu to robot) is fault or failing, which excessive twisting tends to cause in due time. Also this code can pop up if you have binding in the brush, drive gears or rotating parts. If you are going to DIY, I would pop off the wheels, toss it back into the pool and run it to see if the error comes back, also would free spin both brushes to make sure they are not binding. If it still has issues then it could be the cord or something internal.

If you are not interested in DIY, take it to local Polaris dealer and get a diagnostic done on it.

Error code 10 does say communication error in the manual, but it could mean other things, could be your power cord (control/psu to robot) is fault or failing, which excessive twisting tends to cause in due time. Also this code can pop up if you have binding in the brush, drive gears or rotating parts. If you are going to DIY, I would pop off the wheels, toss it back into the pool and run it to see if the error comes back, also would free spin both brushes to make sure they are not binding. If it still has issues then it could be the cord or something internal.

If you are not interested in DIY, take it to local Polaris dealer and get a diagnostic done on it.

Thanks much. I'll do a light DIY first before taking it in.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
One follow up question: I never noticed before I started having problems but does the power cable swivel on Polaris cleaners where it enters the robot or is it fixed? Mine rotates left/right now and I kind of feel like it did not before but cannot remember. Wondering if this is the cause of power disruption.

Thanks

One follow up question: I never noticed before I started having problems but does the power cable swivel on Polaris cleaners where it enters the robot or is it fixed? Mine rotates left/right now and I kind of feel like it did not before but cannot remember. Wondering if this is the cause of power disruption.

Thanks
The cable on the 9650 swivels where it enters the robot, not 100% sure on the 9450 but I believe it's the same.

The 9450 and 9650 power cables are identical with exception the length, the elbow that connects to the cleaner body is a strain relief that does swivel, but it's nothing electrical only a mechanical feature, so the right and left motion is as designed.

Over time though, the stress can damage the wires inside, it all depends on the age and condition, removing the cleaner by the cable out of the pool can aid in reducing the life.

For those with Polaris 4WD robots, do they ever get stuck on top of your main drains?

Am considering replacing a Dolphin that gets caught and spins. Haven’t read forum or review that mentions whether this is an issue with 4WD wheeled cleaners.

For those with Polaris 4WD robots, do they ever get stuck on top of your main drains?

Am considering replacing a Dolphin that gets caught and spins. Haven’t read forum or review that mentions whether this is an issue with 4WD wheeled cleaners.

Not too often have I see this as a problem with the Polaris robots, Zodiac Polaris makes a drain cover to limit this effect, "Unicover", people claim they help. Might work for your Dolphin.

Not too often have I see this as a problem with the Polaris robots, Zodiac Polaris makes a drain cover to limit this effect, "Unicover", people claim they help. Might work for your Dolphin.

Thank you. Yes, I’ve tried that unicover. Not only does it look awful, it tends to float away or get knocked off by my Dolphin. Might work with one of their own Polaris cleaners though. Appreciate the info.

If you buy a white 965IQ from Leslie’s with their 3 yr warranty, must an warranty work be done by a Leslie’s retail outlet or can you ship back to Polaris or take to any authorized Polaris dealer?

I am thinking about buying one from a Leslie’s while I’m traveling for the price and warranty. Wasn’t sure how another shop would respond to a unit brought in that’s clearly a Leslie’s exclusive (white).

If you buy a white 965IQ from Leslie’s with their 3 yr warranty, must an warranty work be done by a Leslie’s retail outlet or can you ship back to Polaris or take to any authorized Polaris dealer?

I am thinking about buying one from a Leslie’s while I’m traveling for the price and warranty. Wasn’t sure how another shop would respond to a unit brought in that’s clearly a Leslie’s exclusive (white).

Zodiac which has owned Polaris since 2007, does not do service/repairs in Vista, the location is the West Coast Warehouse among other things, they do take in RMA's, but they have another Warehouse in Memphis that distrubutes to all locations east of the Missisippi. For warranty service, you will have to go through a Dealer or Leslie's and not all Leslie's locations are certified to do repairs on Robots, so check with the local Leslie's in your area to see if they are.

That's the great thing about Polaris, no need to pack and ship your cleaner in for service, which can be costly. The network of repair centers is vast.

If you search your zip code here, you will see what dealers (either Leslie's or etc.) are certified Contracted repair centers.

https://www.zodiac.com/en/united-states/find/dealer-locator

[h=3]Contracted Service Center Dealer[/h]Zodiac endorses these dealers who are trained in the installation and repair of our products using only genuine Zodiac/Polaris/Jandy Pro Series parts.

No, any place authorized to service polaris robots can service the 965. Confirmed this while talking to Polaris customer support.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.