Huntsville, AL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
I keep my polaris 280 connected and running year round (freeze protection only during the winter). Last fall when we put the safety cover on, it worked perfect. Took the cover off a couple of weeks ago and water/pressure was blowing extremely hard from the pressure relief valve....almost like a jet is point up toward the surface. The old inline screen was pretty ragged so I ordered and replaced that along with a new pressure relief valve. Still a lot of pressure coming from valve. The cleaner actually moves pretty good and still gets around the pool but it just seems bad hearing and seeing all of that pressure

I disconnected the lines and back up valve to make sure there was good flow through all and no clogs. Still the same thing. I would have taken the backup valve apart but could not get it apart.

visually inspected the unit itself and it appears that the internal hose is still connected.

I read somewhere to reduce flow by decrease the flow through a valve at the pump - dont think I have a valve specifically for that

could turning the adjustment screw one way or the other impact that? Any other suggestions?

It sounds like the booster pump is getting more flow than normal, and therefore producing more flow than normal. Is it hooked to the main pump discharge?
Do you plug any of the pool returns during the winter?
Are the returns on separate lines with valves?
What is the filter pressure?

Bama, I will try posting a pic of the setup.
I do not plug anything during the winter. The filter pressure reads 10 and looks to be exactly where it was last year when everything worked fine.

Well it's a puzzler. :scratch:

As long as the cleaner is working correctly you're not hurting anything the way it is.
Is it possible that the impeller has had something stuck in it the whole time and it just now came loose and improved the flow dramatically?

Thanks Bama. I will put it back together and see what happens. Everything is only 2 years old so I may call the pb and see what he says. family coming at the end of the month and i need a clean pool! :)

Bama, Rain is coming so i wanted to drain some water. Put it on backwash and the cleaner was moving around slowly and being powered by backwash with no booster on. Is that normal? I am looking for everything now and just not sure that I noticed that before.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.