polaris 280 back up valve broken

Sep 23, 2015
Austin
it's non-stop part failure this year for me!

the polaris 280 back up valve has cracked open. I've been looking online to get the replacement and it appears there are 2 choices. A G52 and a G54. One is just the case and retails anywhere from $16 to $33, the other is a backup valve kit and costs at least 3x the price.

The polaris was working fine until the case cracked this morning so I'm guessing I just need the cheaper case option?

thoughts?

thanks!

So, I called my local pool store to ask and they said I could just replace the collar if that was broken. It was . Getting the old collar off was a PITA and after trying to unscrew it without success, we used a hacksaw to cut through it, taking care not to damage anything else.

Now however, I noticed that the polaris is not climbing walls well. It was doing this before but I thought I perhaps just needed to tighten up the wheels. There is a little water leakage from the back up valve when it is not in action and I guess that might be the problem. I will ask on another thread. thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.