New England
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Hello, Thanks so much for this amazing site and forum!

I am in the middle of my pool install, which is paused until the spring. It is at the gunite stage. Anyway, I have a ton of time to obsess over the details. I look at this site multiple times a day. I love dreaming about my future pool and my husband certainly doesn't want to keep talking about it.

My question is, it is worth it to take this vacuum from the pool company if I am getting it for 'free', as a part of the package. After reading the forum some, I hear robots are the way to go. I'm guessing my pool company is getting this particular vacuum as some sort of arrangement and that I wouldn't be able to say 'how about you buy me a robot instead?'

Trust us, you are NOT getting that for free. You're also buying an extra booster pump ($$) just to make that outdated vacuum work. A robot doesn't need a second pump to function, doesn't use all that extra electricity ($$) and does a far better job.

Check out this Maytronics.... this (and the identical but cheaper Pentair version) is a favorite here, and all you need.
Dolphin Active 20 Robotic Pool Cleaner - Maytronics Runs about $699. currently.

I'd tell your builder to skip the booster and cleaner, asking him for refund on that portion of your build cost.

Come next spring we'll hook you up with the seller most of us use...don't buy it this early since you'd waste warranty time.

Maddie :flower:

Trust us, you are NOT getting that for free. You're also buying an extra booster pump ($$) just to make that outdated vacuum work. A robot doesn't need a second pump to function, doesn't use all that extra electricity ($$) and does a far better job.

Check out this Maytronics.... this (and the identical but cheaper Pentair version) is a favorite here, and all you need.
Dolphin Active 20 Robotic Pool Cleaner - Maytronics Runs about $699. currently.

I'd tell your builder to skip the booster and cleaner, asking him for refund on that portion of your build cost.

Come next spring we'll hook you up with the seller most of us use...don't buy it this early since you'd waste warranty time.

Maddie :flower:

Thanks Maddie!!! I'll do that

Reactions: mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.