Polaris 280 Automation Vacuum with separate booster pump

B.lu

Oct 16, 2020
New England
Hello, Thanks so much for this amazing site and forum!

I am in the middle of my pool install, which is paused until the spring. It is at the gunite stage. Anyway, I have a ton of time to obsess over the details. I look at this site multiple times a day. I love dreaming about my future pool and my husband certainly doesn't want to keep talking about it.

My question is, it is worth it to take this vacuum from the pool company if I am getting it for 'free', as a part of the package. After reading the forum some, I hear robots are the way to go. I'm guessing my pool company is getting this particular vacuum as some sort of arrangement and that I wouldn't be able to say 'how about you buy me a robot instead?'

YippeeSkippy

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 17, 2012
Evans, Georgia
Trust us, you are NOT getting that for free. You're also buying an extra booster pump ($$) just to make that outdated vacuum work. A robot doesn't need a second pump to function, doesn't use all that extra electricity ($$) and does a far better job.

Check out this Maytronics.... this (and the identical but cheaper Pentair version) is a favorite here, and all you need.
Dolphin Active 20 Robotic Pool Cleaner - Maytronics Runs about $699. currently.

I'd tell your builder to skip the booster and cleaner, asking him for refund on that portion of your build cost.

Come next spring we'll hook you up with the seller most of us use...don't buy it this early since you'd waste warranty time.

Maddie :flower:

B.lu

Oct 16, 2020
New England
Trust us, you are NOT getting that for free. You're also buying an extra booster pump ($$) just to make that outdated vacuum work. A robot doesn't need a second pump to function, doesn't use all that extra electricity ($$) and does a far better job.

Check out this Maytronics.... this (and the identical but cheaper Pentair version) is a favorite here, and all you need.
Dolphin Active 20 Robotic Pool Cleaner - Maytronics Runs about $699. currently.

I'd tell your builder to skip the booster and cleaner, asking him for refund on that portion of your build cost.

Come next spring we'll hook you up with the seller most of us use...don't buy it this early since you'd waste warranty time.

Maddie :flower:

Thanks Maddie!!! I'll do that

Reactions: mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.