Richland Center, WI
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Solaxx (Saltron) Reliant / Purechlor R5
15x30 above ground pool. Hayward EC50 with power flow pump. Saltron chlorine generator. Sacrificial anoid/water bond, single return. How much Valves/unions do I need to get ordered to do the plumbing for this thing? I was thinking just 2 valaves, one on each "end" and enough unions to take the system apart relatively easy for winter storage. Anyone have a good picture of their setup? What is the recommended valves and unions to use? Do I need a check valve on the return side? Planning to use 2" pvc.

I know we have tons of better pics here on the forum that this one, but I'll use it to get your thread moving. Yes, shut-off valves before & after the equipment pad so you can work on things and isolate the pad. Unions at any potential area that might need maintenance or replacement later (i.e. filter, SWG, etc. Anything to make life easier later. I don't see the need for a check valve.

full

Perfect, that's kinda what I was thinking. Are the shut offs and unions from the hardware store fine or should I be buying pool specific ones?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.