Plumbing slide

badbear31

May 4, 2019
Philadelphia PA
I am a new pool owner and about to purchase a SR Smith Typhoon slide. It has a hardline hookup or standard hose option. My pool has a spigot on between the pump and filter that I was told was used to pressure test and blow out lines. Can I use that to run a standard garden hose to slide instead of hard plumbing it into a return line?
I'd prefer not to mess with the plumbing.

If I were to hard plumb, where would you suggest to do so, based on this photo?

Thanks!!

Any help is appreciated.

Hooking up a hose to the spigot after the pump could work. The only concern is that is not filtered water so small pieces of debris could clogged any nozzle Jets on the slide. I have my slide hooked up to a freshwater source, but I think it uses a lot less water than the slide you have. With mine it is a very low flow rate and it is basically you replacing water that gets dragged out of the pool when people are climbing in and out.

I'll echo the concern that debris could plug the jets on the slide. That said, I'd certainly be tempted to hook up to see if a hose provides enough flow. If it does, I know there are filters for drip irrigation systems that are designed to keep you from plugging the emitters. Some have hose threads.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.