Plumbing question

Hi All!

I recently bought a new pump to replace the one that failed. In the process of installing it, I needed to reconfigure some of the plumbing. I've read that ideally the inlet and outlet pipe length should be at least a 5x the diameter of the pipe. In my case 10". How critical is this rule of thumb? I was able to redo my plumbing to achieve that for the inlet side but for the outlet side if I go up the 10" I'll need to introduce a 3rd 90 degree elbow to get back to the proper height of the multi-part on the filter. The height differential between the top of the pump and the multi-port is about 5". (And to those astute observers, yes I did glue the elbow without the union collar. Inyopools was kind enough to send me a replacement).

Thanks!

IMG_5898.jpg

To answer your question, the pipe lengths at the inlet & outlet aren't too important on pool pumps.

Make sure you can access the pump controls with the piping in the desired configuration. You need to be at least able to open the cover. I'm not sure I'd want that pipe right over the panel and getting in the way. Adding an extra 90 or two to prevent this would be worth it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.