Plumbing Pump Issue

SirSteve

Dec 29, 2019
Florida
I just moved into a home and am swapping out the pump, however, it sits about an inch higher than the main line. It's on a concrete pad. Is my only option to cut the pipes (which means replacing the valves) to make it level? Pictures attached.

Attachments

• IMG_1116.jpg
    IMG_1116.jpg
    511.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1115.jpg
    IMG_1115.jpg
    699.4 KB · Views: 19
You might be able to use 22.5 degree fittings.

You can use (2) 2.5" fittings in socket or one in socket and one with a spigot side. and then a bushing.

Reactions: SirSteve
You might be able to use 22.5 degree fittings.

You can use (2) 2.5" fittings in socket or one in socket and one with a spigot side. and then a bushing.

I used the 2 x 22.5 and it leveled it up! Thanks! Now to tackle the valve end...

Last edited:
Reactions: JamesW
The outside of the valve will take a 2.5" socket over the valve.

Make sure that you are using schedule 40 deep socket and not DWV shallow socket fittings.

The 22.5 degree fittings at Home Depot and Lowes are likely to be DWV, which are not pressure rated.

The sockets should be at least 1.25" deep.

Last edited:
The outside of the valve will take a 2.5" socket over the valve.

Make sure that you are using schedule 40 deep socket and not DWV shallow socket fittings.

The 22.5 degree fittings at Home Depot and Lowes are likely to be DWV, which are not pressure rated.

The sockets should be at least 1.25" deep.
Gotcha! I wasn't aware of the difference! Thanks! I have glued anything yet so I will swap them out.

Reactions: JamesW
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.