Plugging 2nd intake on Intex pool

Jun 29, 2014
Pittsburgh pa
We had a 2014 intex with a single intake. I kept the intake and output pieces for it from the liner when we got rid of it (I have no idea why - nostalgia?) I have seen people mention plugging one or both of the intakes on the new design pool. What do you plug it with?? Am I understanding correctly that they are smaller than the old design, so we can't just stick one of those gray shut off valves there?

I'd really like to install a thru the wall skimmer but am having a hard time understanding how everything works. How do you plug the extra holes???

Last edited:
No need to plug the holes. The more holes, the better the flow. I installed skimmer in parallell with one intake. Added a second return and hooked up a separate pump used to drive the cleaning robot.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    340.3 KB · Views: 34
But what are they capped off with? Sorry if this sounds dense and the answer is obvious.

If you have the old full size through wall fittings they should have the shutoff like the one on the left side of my pic that goes back into the pool. If you don't have them you can use the standard through the wall fittings like linked above and use this PLUG to cap it off. That is what I used on both sides of the skimmer in my above pic.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.