PLEASE HELP - SUGGESTIONS NEEDED

Doc61199

Sep 9, 2020
PA
Hey everyone. Long story short had a new liner installed and greecian steps replaced. Used a reputable company locally in PA however we are not happy with the results of the stairs. Bing the pool is 30 yrs old, you would think (atleast we did) the installer would foresee there being an issue with coping matching. Fast forward, the steps are in and the coping looks like the picture below. What is the long term problem if this is left unfixed? Whats the best way to fix it? That is where the new coping from the stairs meets the old coping. I would think water getting behind the liner is a bad thing, no?

Attachments

• IMG_5321.jpg
    IMG_5321.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 76
If that’s a fix due to waiting on the proper parts then maybe. As a permanent fix it’s a hard NO.

After i went to the shop and demanded something professional looking be done this was what they ended up doing. They said they would stand by this and it would be good. Idk not my area of expertise

Attachments

• IMG_5334.jpg
    IMG_5334.jpg
    316.2 KB · Views: 40

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The first attempts are funny. The last isnt bad. It's a last resort to change stairs why was that done? You can fix almost anything for much less than replace. What I do is use cantilever stairs and use coping stones in just the stair area and tie them in nicely. Kind of a feature area. What happened is either stairs were way different from original or they cut metal without dry fitting new ones

Reactions: HiddenRiver
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.