Please help! Pump lid totally stuck!

Hi everyone!
so first of all I am a complete pool novice so please dumb down answers to suit ?
attached you will see a picture of my pump, it’s in desperate need of a clean but is completely stuck.
i am aware this has been asked a few times but mallets haven’t worked and there’s not much room for big tools. I have seen some people mention relieving pressure from the pump but have no idea how to do this so any help is greatly appreciated! View attachment 132872
Hi!!! Can you please tell me how you got this off! I’m new here, somehow can’t seem to find your solution again once I signed up? I’m so past frustrated!! Tried everything! Thanks!!!

Welcome to the forum :wave:

You are currently reading page 2 of this thread. Just above the "M" in your post, you can see a 1 symbol and a 2 symbol.

Click on the 1 symbol and it will take you to the correct page (and the answer)

^^^^. What he said. And if you are on your cellphone you probably have to turn it sideways first to see the page selector.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.