Please help me select a new pump.. Pics included of old one

Re: Please help me select a new pump.. Pics included of old

If you really want a Hayward single speed then the Hayward TriStar 3/4 HP SP3205X7, either 115 or 230 volts.

But you will save money in the long run getting a Pentair 3/4 HP dual speed WFDS-3, 115 volts.

Jason Thank you for all your responses I really do appreciate it.
I have no brand loyalty to Hayward. When I researched the Pentair pumps I read I would have to purchase the pump and a timer. I also have some concerns surround the plumping and changing it around. It looks like I have 1 1/2 and 2 inch plumbing. First year owning the pool has be a little scared of making changes.

A timer is always a good idea, but you don't need one with either a single speed or a dual speed pump. Actually, it makes more sense to run on low speed 24/7 than it does to do the same with a single speed. Or, if you already have a timer, it will work just as well with a dual speed. The only time you need a special dual speed timer is if you are trying to get the rebate in California (and probably Florida soon from what I hear).

From an electrical point of view, installing a dual speed is nearly the same as installing a single speed, you just need to wire up a manual speed switch. Mechanically, even when everything matches up exactly it is about the same amount of work. You have to cut and glue and screw in PVC fittings either way. The minor changes required to match up different heights are only a tiny bit of extra work.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.