Please help me identify an older sand filter?

bailey

Jun 26, 2012
Hi. I'm hoping to rebuild an older sand filter and am trying to determine who made it, and what the model is, so I can see if parts (seals, etc), might still be available for it. I'm attaching a photo that shows it, but a couple of additional bits of information that might not be obvious from the picture:

1) It's made out of stainless steel, with a welded steel base.
2) It's about 15" in diameter, and 18"+ tall.

Thanks!

Kirk Bailey
bailey (at) peak (dot) org

Attachments

• small filter.jpg
    small filter.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 50
I'm actually hoping to recycle it into service as an irrigation water filter for a well. According to a couple of published reports these filters can work well in that role.

Thanks,

Kirk Bailey

There is no pressure rating that I can find: That is part of what I hope to determine if someone recognizes the critter! The filter pressure gauge reads to 25 PSI, for what that's worth. On the positive side, I can adjust the irrigation pump output pressure to whatever works, subject to getting the job done. Running the system at 20 PSI, for example, should work fine in my situation (mostly modified drip irrigation).

Thanks,

Kirk Bailey

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.