Please help me get my chemicals right

Thank you! I just did the CYA test and it's at 30 on the dot. As far as how to keep, CYA, PH, and chlorine in check what should I do? Continue with the PODS, or go to liquid chlorine. I think as of today my chlorine is high at 6.5 PPM
Definitely switch to liquid chlorine, you can use LIQUID Pool Shock (which is 12% sodium hypochlorite) or Plain Household Bleach (which is 6% sodium hypochlorite)

Thank you! I just did the CYA test and it's at 30 on the dot. As far as how to keep, CYA, PH, and chlorine in check what should I do? Continue with the PODS, or go to liquid chlorine. I think as of today my chlorine is high at 6.5 PPM
Without seeing all the test results, there's no way to say. If TA is high and CYA is low, then you can use the pods you already own. But if using the pods means you'll have to go buy stuff to adjust the pH and TA, then you'll want to use bleach starting now. You'll have to switch to something else soon anyway lest CYA build too high.

Without seeing all the test results, there's no way to say. If TA is high and CYA is low, then you can use the pods you already own. But if using the pods means you'll have to go buy stuff to adjust the pH and TA, then you'll want to use bleach starting now. You'll have to switch to something else soon anyway lest CYA build too high.
If we test alkalinity and decide to use the bleach moving forward would you recommend the 3 cups every day or how often?

If we test alkalinity and decide to use the bleach moving forward would you recommend the 3 cups every day or how often?

How much to add of what depends on test results. The three cups was only until the test kit arrived. Bleach additions are usually daily.

Now that you have a test kit, you can really take control. But don't make us tease data out of you. What we need is in Read This BEFORE You Post - Trouble Free Pool

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.