PLEASE HELP!! DE in pool...cloudy water

Feb 8, 2018
NY
I believe the grid manifold was loose when reassembled and DE filled into the pool. The pool is completely cloudy and it's been 3 days and the DE hasn't completely settled to the bottom. I am trying to get someone to do a power vac to waste, but since the water is full of DE I don't know that a power vac will be enough. I thought if I continued to run the filter the DE would be pulled onto the grids and clear up from the water, but that isn't happening. What should I do?? Please help, my once beautiful pool is utterly a mess!

Did you repair the issue with the filter. If so, the DE should eventually end up back in the filter through normal circulation and vacuuming. Do you have a main drain? If so, set suction to main drain and brush DE towards the deep end.

I've had my share of DE disasters :brickwall: and they always seem to clear up with a day or two.

Did you repair the issue with the filter. If so, the DE should eventually end up back in the filter through normal circulation and vacuuming. Do you have a main drain? If so, set suction to main drain and brush DE towards the deep end.

I've had my share of DE disasters :brickwall: and they always seem to clear up with a day or two.
I believe I fixed the problem. I can't even see the settled DE because the pool is totally opaque and at this point 3 days have passed with no change.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.