jbpete

Oct 22, 2021
Utah
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
This is my first post so go easy on me. Our pool is under construction and we just finished gunite. We just received a quote from our builder's preferred plaster company. They use Wet Edge products. Our pool is going to be 18 x 36 and is 3.5 (shallow) and 6 feet (Deep). Just from a few quick searches on the forum these prices seem 2 to 3 times higher than what I have seen others say on the forum. Should I look to get a quote from another company?

Wet Edge Altima - French Gray - $1,700
LunaQuartz - Bermuda or Polar White - $8,659.13
Signature Matrix - Gulf White - $12,935.67

If your builder is ok with you shopping around, then it can't hurt to inquire with other plastering companies. Your builder probably prefers to use the company you got that quote from but that doesn't mean you're getting the best price. Be advised though that the COVID pandemic building surge and the resulting supply chain difficulties have made everything more expensive and it's not a buyers market right. Subs can pretty much name whatever price they want right now as there is no end of work in sight for them.

Reactions: travelfeedsthesoul
Thank you for the response. I suspect you are exactly right. I will have to check with our pool builder and see if they use any other plaster companies as well.

Price is similar to what I got for a 16x32ft pool. I'd be very surprised if you could shop around most places are booked solid and probably are mostly dealing with their existing clients. Good luck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.