Plaster stains

lafonte98

Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2016
Collinsville, IL
I have some stains in the deep end of my plaster bottoms pool. I have taped sandpaper to a brush I use to normally brush the pool which has helped remove stains in the past. Its just kind of a hassle. Does anyone recommend a brush made for this or had something they have tried that worked good?

Thanks,

Greg

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Before attacking stains, it's best to figure out if they are metal stains, organic stains or calcium scale with embedded dirt. Each type of stain has a different approach to it for removal. Mechanical scrubbing only works if it's from a source that will not return; some types of stains recur in the same places because of more fundamental issues.

Have you tried identifying the stains?

Before attacking stains, it's best to figure out if they are metal stains, organic stains or calcium scale with embedded dirt. Each type of stain has a different approach to it for removal. Mechanical scrubbing only works if it's from a source that will not return; some types of stains recur in the same places because of more fundamental issues.

Have you tried identifying the stains?
They are a light brown/yellowish color and typically show up in the same places. In the deep end where the floor curves up the wall.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

I would suggest using some Vitamin C in a sock to determine of they are metal stains. If they don't react (lighten) to that, then you can put a trichlor puck on it for a few minutes to see if it's organic/biological.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.