Plaster repair on steps

dalstrs

Silver Supporter
Apr 4, 2017
Grapevine, TX
I recently drained about half my pool to get the CYA level under control but it looks like the top steps were out of water too long and I have some areas on it that the plaster bubbled up and chipped off.

What is the best way to repair these few spots? I have only seen them on the top step so I don't think the plaster is damaged anywhere else.

After sanding (easiest way is with electric power sander- DA or rotary using wet dry paper- 220 grit) if the area still is bad or bothers you -- you could apply a bonding agent and skim coat with new plaster. The plaster should be 1/2 to 1" thick so you should be safe to sand out small bubbles.

A local plaster company may be able to provide you a small bucket of materials (ready to add water) with color if you have a colored pool.

You would apply just like dry wall plaster with a trowel and then immediately top off with water to cure.

Or post pics for more ideas

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.