Plaster coming off newish pool

WardL

Apr 2, 2015
Camarillo, CA
I have a situation going now in SoCal with a well established pool builder. After 3 years, the Pebble Sheen started to crack away from the shotcrete shell. Now 5.5 years later, I will start repairs. The builder first blamed the soil caused a hinge crack and no warranty given a soil issue. The pool was engineered by an Anaheim engineering company and I had a geologist approve the design. When the rebar and shotcrete was applied, there was an inspector onsite to observe and approve. Sure, I think the builder should have fixed everything 100% free of charge. But that is not going to happen without lawyering up. As it is, the builder will make the repairs and not mark up his normal percentage. Not particularly happy about that, but assume that is the best deal I can get. I think it will cost about $10k to remove 100% of the Pebble Sheen and re-apply. Yes, I know I'm getting screwed, but trying to make the best of it. Any other suggestions? Maybe I need to talk to Dirk, what is his email?

You can PM me or start your own thread about this issue and let me know where it is. Full disclosure: I'm no kind of expert or lawyer, but I do play one on TFP! I won a couple cases and studied CA law on the 'net as it pertained to my cases. CA is consumer friendly, so you might have a better shot than you think. And some things you can do without cost...

MOD note: I moved this to it's own thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: TampaKathy
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.