Planning on SWG conversion ? which pump

Mark,

If you went with the IntelliFlo, make sure you install it with pump unions... If you went with the SuperFlo VS, it comes with unions.

They have an o-ring on the threaded end and make a leak proof connection. Also make it easy to store the pump in the winter if you want.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Yes, a must on the pump unions. Not everyone does up north, but I bring my pump inside now. The first one siezed up a few times before mostly failing. I had not removed it the first few years and it sat damp and motionless for 5 months. Now my VS pump lives high and dry in my garage during the winter.

Last edited:
Reactions: Newdude
Yes, a must on the pump unions. Not everyone does up north, but I bring my pump inside now. The first one siezed up a few times before mostly failing. I had not removed it the first few years and it same damp and motionless for 5 months. Now my VS pump lives high and dry in my garage during the winter.
The really baffling thing to me is that it seems the pump is supposed to be permanently wired in according to code around here. The means that the PBs do horrible things to the wires every year to bring the pumps in. I watched them remove the (in my case) solid core 12ga cable (not individual wires) from the pump which involved spinning the 90 degree conduit piece horribly twisting up the wires and then pulling them out of the metal conduit. This is asking for the wires and/or insulation to fail.

I... may have... installed a twist-lock NEMA L6-20 outlet with a 4" deep outdoor cover (to latch over the large plug) and then installed a cord grip on the motor with SOOW cable to an L6-20 plug.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.