Planning infinite pool w/ eco mode, is this setup feasible?

MartinD

Jan 18, 2022
stockolm, sweden
Hi,

I'm new to this forum and have read the threads I found on infinite pool constructions. I'm planning to build a rectangular semi overground pool with one infinite/vanishing edge on one side. Pool is outdoors.
It will have two buffer tanks (1m3 each) connected by a pipe.

Since this pool will be in Sweden, I'd like to be able to run it in both normal mode, where the water goes: pool -> overflow channel -> buffer tank -> pump -> filter etc -> pool
But also having a "eco" mode, where the water is circulated (and filtered), but not via the overflow channel, so: pool -> eco/side outlet -> buffer tank -> pump -> filter etc -> pool

Since having this, I could run the pool in eco mode night time, when I'm away and even during winter time (with little heating) to prevent freezing and also circulating water in buffer tanks.

With the forum's collective experience, do you think this setup will work? I've seen similar eco-mode setups with the difference that the water would not free fall into buffer tanks, but instead being drawn by pump (using a three way valve).I'd like to have the buffer tanks circulated, esp. during winter time to prevent freezing.

Sorry for the measurements being metric.

Thanks in advance,

Martin from Sweden

Attachments

• Drawing1.pdf
    186 KB · Views: 9
I will have a cover for the pool (motorized), but maybe a skimmer is a better option than the holes/drains in the wall. My big concern is whether a skimmer free flow/gravity into buffer tank will work? I guess the flow needs to be aligned with speed the pump returns water to pool...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.